The Firetrol® battery charger features a fully automatic 4 step charging cycle. The charging cycles are as
Step 1: Qualification Stage (Flashing yellow and green LEDs)
During this stage, the battery charger checks the batteries to insure they can accept a fast charge. It
also checks for missing or defective batteries. If the charger detects missing or defective batteries a
fault will be given (solid red LED).
Step 2: Fast Charge (Solid yellow LED)
Charges the batteries until they reach peak voltage.
Step 3: Bulk Charge (Solid yellow LED and slow blinking green LED)
Charges the batteries at a constant potential of peak voltage until current reaches 500mA.
Step 4: Float Charge (Solid green LED)
Trickle charges the batteries to maintain peak potential.
Firetrol Battery Charger
- Fire Pump System
The battery charger also includes the following:
• Selectable AC power voltage (115 or 230V)
• Selectable battery voltage (12 or 24V)
• Selectable battery type (Lead Acid, NiCad 9 or 18 cell, NiCad 10 or 20 cell)
• AC power fuse (Type 3AG, 6A, 250V)
• DC power fuse (Type 3AB, 20A, 250V)
• Charger reset push-button (resets charging cycle to beginning)